– What we’re aiming for
What is company culture?
– What we’re referring to
– Do we need a universally agreed-upon definition?
– However we choose to define culture…
– Some ways of describing company culture
– Our definition of company culture
– Let’s look at some examples
– Which aspects may have an influence?
How culture develops and how it’s experienced
– Culture is complex
– Culture cannot be controlled or predicted with certainty
– Culture can change immediately
– Culture continuously evolves
– We each experience culture differently
– Different influences
– Our own lenses and circumstances
– Different strengths
– We might respond differently
– Different weights
– The absence of an influence
– At what size of company does culture form?
– ‘Startup’ culture and ‘more established’ cultures
– Companies have culture, whether you want it or not
Being intentional about influencing company culture
– What does it mean to be intentional about influencing the culture?
– When should we focus on being intentional about the culture?
– Understanding where we are now
– Describing company culture
– Being specific about the culture
– Assessing company culture
– Deciding what we will do
– What’s our vision?
– What could we do to help us get closer to that vision?
– Taking considered action
– Approach to taking action
– How much influence can I have on the company culture?
– Can we outsource developing our culture?
– Should we have a team focussed on Culture?
– Can we copy another culture?
– Understand where we are now
– What we’ve achieved on this course